Welcome to Tyddyn Llwyn
Clean, well-maintained and family-friendly, Tyddyn Llwyn Camping, Caravan and Touring Park is within walking distance of Borth Y Gest and the bustling harbour town of Porthmadog. Only a few minutes drive from the beach at Black Rock Sands. The site is nestled in a secluded valley, and features a play area, games room and on-site bar with big-screen TVs.
We cater for touring caravans, motor homes, tents and trailer tents. All our caravan pitches have an "all weather" surface and include electric hook-up. We also have Serviced and Premium pitches available. We are open from the 1st of March to the 1st of November each year. Touring pitches start at just £18 per night (2 persons).
Well that's it for another season, the touring pitches are now closed.
This is a big THANK YOU to all our customers, new and old for visiting us this summer.
The diary will open in the New Year for 2015,
we'll see you next summer....
- Family Friendly
- First time caravanners welcome - help is on hand...
- All-weather pitches & Electric hookup
- Serviced Pitches / Premium Pitches
- Camping Pitches
- Children's Play Area
- Games Room
- Licensed Bar with Grill
- Big Screen TVs
- Park-Wide WiFi Internet Access*
- View all Park Facilities
- FANTASTIC NEWS.... We've done it again..........Practical Caravan TOP 100 Sites 2014: THANK YOU so much to all of you who took the time to vote for us here at Tyddyn Llwyn - it really does mean a lot to us. Not only that we made the FRONT COVER of the 2014 GUIDE. How exciting is that?? Voting is now underway for 2015...........
- Loo of the Year 2014. We are proud to announce that we achieved a 'Platinum' award for our main toilet/shower block, A HUGE 'Thank you' to all our visitors for looking after it and keeping it looking as nice as it does.
- MMM (Motorhome Monthly Magazine): invited us to join their 'Premier Parks' again for 2014. "One of only 8 in Wales. It's a first-class campsite offering a great holiday experience and it's a campsite you’d recommend to friends & family". We'd just like to say a huge 'Thank You' to all the staff for their hard work and to all our customers for their support in making us a nice place to stay. We are very proud - even if we do say so ourselves!!
- Are you looking to buy a static caravan? Take a look at our For Sale page for the latest availability.
- Are you thinking of buying a caravan or becoming a new 'caravanner' this summer? Worried about pitching up for the first time or about putting the awning up? Don't worry... our staff are on hand with help and advice on little things like helping you find your pitch in the first place and connecting to power points to helping with the awning if needed. Just ask - it won't be too much trouble.
- Take a look at our News & Events page to find out what you need to know about WiFi, TV Reception and FREE NIGHTS amongst other things.
REVIEWS: Love ' em or hate 'em. While we are all in favour of a nice review (which business owner wouldn't be?) we would much rather you speak to us while you are on the park if you find something not quite right so we get the chance to put things right. The main comments you might read will be about:
1) 50p for showers. We know we are not unique in charging for showers. You may think at first glance that 50p is excessive, but what people don't mention is that for this charge you get a good 10 minutes. Plenty of time to throw a whole tribe of children in, if that’s what you need to do. There are also no queues. 20p may seem cheaper elsewhere but not if you have to feed the machine every 2 minutes. It also dissuades any non-camping visitors from using the facilities. Customers tell us that on “club sites” showers are free. That’s an awful lot of showers for your annual membership fee!
2) Having to walk to the litter bins. We only have one collection point on the park and this is situated on the way out of the park, along with the glass recycling. Easy enough to throw you’re rubbish out when you’re off out for the day. Whilst we understand it’s not (more conveniently) in the middle of the park it does mean that no one gets disturbed when the council come along (sometimes early) to empty the bins. No wasps or seagulls being tempted into the park, and more importantly none of our visitors are pitched next to ‘the bins’. Not nice in a sunshiny and hot summer!
Tyddyn Llwyn is situated in a secluded valley at the foot of Moel-y-Gest mountain and makes the perfect base for your holiday. As well as being only minutes away from Black Rock Sands, Borth Y Gest and the harbour town of Porthmadog, we are within walking distance of the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Narrow Gauge Steam Railways and around a 5 minute drive from the beautiful Italianate village of Portmeirion. The Snowdonia National Park, several ancient castles, including Criccieth Castle and Caernarfon Castle, and many more wonderful attractions await your discovery.
North Wales and Snowdonia features some of the most stunning scenery in the UK, with numerous lakes, mountains and coastal areas for you to explore. With so much to see and do, no matter what the weather is like, Tyddyn Llwyn is the perfect base for your holiday.